CORNERSTONE SHAVING - #StartYourDayRight

23:39


When it comes to morning routines, we all have our own way of doing things. With shaving and grooming being such an important part of the day for so many, Cornerstone give you the ability to select a combination of products that fit your needs. With an excellent range to choose from, it's easy to put together a routine that's personal to you. Having used their products for some time now, I'm excited to recommend them to everyone; especially the razor (but more about that later!)


The lovely people at Cornerstone sent me over a box of their products to try, and now I'm spreading the news to you. As well as the products themselves, you'll get a Cornerstone booklet that contains great tips on shaving, changing your blades and even taking care of your razor. I absolutely love this because it gives you an insight to the brand, and the tips were especially good for me as I hadn't really had any experience with refined shaving products before now. Furthermore, the packaging is sleek, and you'll notice that dashing shade of red throughout that immediately becomes part of the brands personality. 


So, what's in the box?!


As far as shaving goes, I think we'd all agree that the razor itself is the most important tool. For this, I can promise you eternal shaving happiness, because the Cornerstone's razor is THE BEST I've ever experienced. As someone with sensitive skin, I can't emphasise enough how smooth your shave will be with one of these. You get 6 razor heads with every order, each one designed to follow the contours of your face. The razors also have a moisturising Aloe Vera strip that provides smooth movement. The razor is attached to a weighted aluminium handle, giving it a cool, modern and simplistic aesthetic, as well as providing you with a lot of control. To top things off, Cornerstone will actually engrave your initials into the handle for your first order as a thank you. Marvellous!


In my experience of shaving, there's nothing much worse than razor burn. As soon as I squeezed the tube and saw Cornerstone's shave gel, I just felt safe. The smell is fantastically refreshing, with hints of eucalyptus and ginger, and the consistency of the gel is smooth enough to make sure that you don't get burnt! One thing that's important to consider is that Cornerstone intended for the gel to be low-lather. Basically, don't panic if there isn't much lather when you rub it into your face, it's still going to protect your skin. The shave gel (and all of Cornerstone's other products) is also vegetarian and vegan friendly, so it's pretty much suitable for anyone!



Mint and honey isn't a combination I was familiar with before I used Cornerstone's balm, but it turned out to be delightful! While the mint cools and refreshes your face as expected, the honey comes in to simultaneously soothe and moisturise your freshly-shaved face. Also, since the balm doesn't contain alcohol, you won't experience any stinging that you might have felt with other products. Just make sure you've rinsed and dried your face to close your pores first, and this balm will give you a winning finish to your shave. Trust me, dryness and irritation after shaving will be a thing of the past. 


I love a good face scrub. What I love even more is a scrub that comes out looking like it was bottled somewhere in the depths of a volcano! Now I pretty much use this on a daily basis to wash my face, but it is particularly good to use before you shave, as it contains cedarwood and volcanic sand exfoliating grains. Don't worry, it looks as cool as it sounds. These ingredients help open up your pores, remove ingrowing hairs and kick out anything else that might leave you with shaving bumps. 


From start to finish, Cornerstone can give you a world class shaving experience that's also tendered to your needs. For me, it's so important for a brand to connect with a customer, and I think that Cornerstone have gone above and beyond to do this. 

Head over to Cornerstone's website, get your morning routine sorted and remember to #StartYourDayRight

Thanks for reading!

0 comments