TOPMAN SUMMER SHIRTS - ORIENTAL SUNSHINE

01:33


These light and silky shirts are a key item in a summer wardrobe, and there's an abundance of them that have dropped this season. The wavy short sleeves, usually in a viscose material, can really make a statement. I picked one up from Topman the other day from the selection that they have. In this post, I'll give you a detailed look at the piece I got and link you up with a few of the others that took my eye. 


Take a look at this item on Topman's website.


The 'Off White & Black Sun Print' shirt is made of 100% viscose and is decorated with a monochrome oriental design that features the sun print mentioned in the item name, along with what looks like bamboo and the image of a Japanese (or Chinese) temple (maybe?). Excuse my slight lack of cultural knowledge, and I hope I haven't dishonoured my girlfriends ancestors. Either way, the design is very tasteful, and since it's black and white, it's easy to work with and that's what I go for. The dusty pink tee gives your look a bit of colour without too much intensity. I'd definitely recommend styling this kind of shirt with a pastel/dusty t-shirt or vest underneath. In terms of fit, I bought a size XL to get that extra wavy, drapey style. It depends what you personally like, but if you tend to go oversized, I'd definitely recommend going up a size or two with this one. 



I set out with Holly and Lewys on a day-long road-trip around the Welsh valleys, stopping at locations to shoot photos as we went along. I found that the moving around factored quite heavily in the experience of wearing this piece. It was a pretty hot day whatever we were doing, but the shirts light material floated open with a pink ASOS tee underneath and provided a complete look with very little weight. Just like most of these summer shirts, this piece is so easy to wear. They're a great way to make a fashionable statement with minimal hassle.


I took a really good look at what other summer shirts Topman have to offer this season and I've filtered them down to a top three. Have a browse at my choices and see if anything calls out to you.






If you've currently been looking for a perfect summer shirt, I hope that this post has been some help to you. Alternatively, if you've already found your statement piece for the sunshine, I'd love to hear more about it!

Thanks for reading!

0 comments