ASOS Summer Essentials - Shades of Tan

00:35


Photography by Lewys Mann

I've always loved ASOS as a brand, and so having the opportunity to collaborate with them on campaigns has been really exciting. I have to say that this is the project I've enjoyed most so far - Summer/Holiday Essentials. The menswear team at ASOS sent me over four items that are just a small selection amongst a vast range of great summer pieces, so have a good gander. Since the pieces all sit closely on a tan/beige colour palette, I decided to go ahead and create two outfits.

Stay-At-Home Summer






Since I don't actually have any plans to go abroad this year, I thought I'd start off by putting together an airy but sensible outfit for our Summer here in the UK. It's not uncommon to experience unpredictable weather in Britain, let alone Wales! The bomber jacket prepares you for any unexpected chills, but it's still fairly light and can fit into a bag easily if the sun does decide to show itself. It also has an inside pocket, and as strange as it might sound, that's a really important factor for me when it comes to outerwear. The Reclaimed Vintage oversized tee that I've paired with the jacket fits generously on your body and gives an effortless look that lets the breeze in. To finish up the look, I threw on a pair of cropped straight leg trousers to flash the ankles and slipped into my CDG Converse. These sneakers sit in the tan/beige palette whilst the black trousers break up the look nicely. 

Dreaming Abroad




adidas Ultra Boost Trainers (Watch out for re-stocks!)


Despite not having any plans to escape to the sun this summer, I can't help but dream (and create an outfit for it!) This outfit is what I'd ideally wear abroad, browsing the streets for the best cocktail bars. On top is an easy-going Topman overshirt in a deep tan colour. For the base layer, I threw on the ASOS sleeveless t-shirt. I don't really do vests, so this option is great for me because it gives my arms the freedom, without being completely exposed. What's more, the overshirt can easily be tied around the waist if the sun is really coming out. As for the bottom half, I chose the ASOS jersey shorts. The material is really comfortable, and the fit isn't too skinny, so you can move about freely in them. To complete this holiday outfit, you can rock your favourite pair of trainers (or in my case, ONE OF your favourite pairs.) I chose my grey/black adidas Ultra Boosts, because boost is best. If you know, you know.


Are you going abroad this year, or are you summering from home?

Thanks for reading!








0 comments