ADIDAS ULTRA BOOST 2.0 - ALL WHITE

00:16


June saw the 2016 release of the Adidas Ultra Boost 2.0 in the white and black colourways. Considering the success of the UB since it first released in 2015, this drop was always going to be as hyped as the re-stocks and releases of the silhouette that have come before it. In addition, the all white pair are among the most sought after, flying off shelves when we saw Kanye rocking them during his Billboard Music Awards performance. I'll be focusing on the white colourway, and how they look/feel, as well as what the differences are between the 2015 and 2016 models of the shoe.


Since I already own a black pair from 2015, I was delighted to actually get my hands on these new whites. I'm gonna be honest here and admit that I wasn't even on planning on trying to cop these, and I really didn't know much about them dropping until I checked Instagram that morning. By that point, the "who got lucky today?" and "who took an L?" posts were everywhere and I actually quite calmly shrugged it off as another release that I never had a chance at anyway. That's when my phone lit up with notifications sent out by the size? store app and Instagram page. In the thoughtless rush that limited sneakers put us in, I went straight ahead and breezed through checkout with a UK 10. I really wish I could tell you it was a long and exhausting struggle, but it wasn't. (I'm sorry) In hindsight, I would seriously recommend having Instagram + App notifications on, especially around the time of a big release. 


Adidas's innovative Boost Technology has been a key to their ever-growing success and highly desired releases since it first surfaced in 2013. With the Yeezys, NMDs and many Y3 creations also boasting the technology, they've become the most fashionable performance-based sneakers on the market. With the exception of Yeezys, which I don't own so I can't compare, I would confidently say that the Ultra Boosts are probably the most comfortable of the Boost family. Slipping into the white colourway was exactly what you can expect from a pair of UBs. As well as the bouncy, cushioned comfort of the Boost sole, the primeknit that makes up the upper shoe fits like a sock and has a flexible characteristic that hugs every step you take. I honestly can't say theres anything else like it, and now that Adidas have made the technology into such an aesthetic detail, it's hard to see that the success of their designs will stop any time soon. 


The new 2.0s have definitely been updated in some detail, and so this wasn't just a regular re-stock. YouTuber 'ChecoKicks' posted an unboxing + on-feet video of the white UBs which includes a really good look at the differences between the two versions that you can see here. For now, I'll go ahead and briefly explain below. 

The Outsole - The original white Ultra Boosts feature a stretch webbing outsole in black. On the white 2.0s, Adidas have changed this to an all-white outsole that incorporates the design by Continental, the German based tyre manufacturer. Opinions on the colour change do vary, but the outsole is definitely more durable with its new design. 

'Ultra Boost' Branding - The lettering around the heel area of the shoe has been changed from black/chrome to chrome/gold. Pretty snazzy if you ask me. 

The Primeknit Body - The primeknit on the 2.0s has been upgraded to a gradient design that features a very light grey stripe. The primeknit also reaches all the way back to the heel, unlike on the original white UBs. When you put them side-by-side, the new UBs actually look considerably more white than the originals. 



Both these colourways of the Ultra Boost have pretty much sold out since their release by this point. Picking up a pair from a reseller could set you back as much as £200, so unless you're desperate for them and have the money to spend right now, it's probably best to hold on. Adidas have been known to restock the UBs in the past, and so it seems likely that they'll probably do the same with these. Either way, I highly recommend the Ultra Boosts as a sneaker in general and I honestly can't get enough of them. If you get a chance to grab a pair, take it!

Feel free to drop a comment and share your thoughts. 
Thanks for reading!


0 comments